Update for MVVM

Jun 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

I've updated the code to allow for the AutoCompleteManager to be bound from the XAML and thus move it more towards and MVVM implementation. Are you interested in the update and how should I send this through to you.

Thanks for a great little control

Steve

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I'm interested in your update.
if possibile, could you please post here?
thank you very much

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Hi stevenwilber,

I am interested.  Can you please post it here?

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Edited Feb 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Beware of simply adding a DP for the AutoCompleteManager. The ACM will then be instantiated thru XAML, and each time the control is loaded, the initialization code will create a new popup that relies on fields in the ACM. Now a previously instantiated ACM can be re-loaded, creating a new popup that reads fields in the ACM that are from an earlier popup. One problem with this appears after manually resizing the popup, closing the parent user control (say a dialog), and when showing it again, the popup shrinks to autofit the data (because the _manualResized flag was set from the earlier popup). Another problem was the resize grip showing in the wrong corner of the list in some cases. The pertinent fields in the ACM must now be re-initialized (e.g., _manualResized & PopupOnTop). The original author of this control instantiated his ACM each time the control was loaded.
Feb 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Can you send me your solution either? Thanks in advance...
Actually I would like to bind the textbox text attribute to an MVVM Property.